The Eiffel Tower is the most visited monument in the world. Paris also has many other world-famous sights that are definitely worth a visit. We have listed them for you according to popularity:
- Notre-Dame de Paris: One of the most famous buildings in Paris, this impressive cathedral stands on the Île de la Cité, an island in the Seine.
- Louvre: The Louvre is one of the largest museums in the world and contains works of art by world-famous artists such as Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo. Learn more about the Louvre in Paris.
- Arc de Triomphe: An important historical monument in Paris, this triumphal arch stands at Place Charles de Gaulle, at the end of the Champs-Élysées.
- Sainte-Chapelle: This beautifully decorated chapel is one of the most impressive buildings in Paris and contains precious stained glass windows.
- Centre Pompidou: This museum of modern art contains works by artists such as Picasso and Warhol.
- Montmartre: This bohemian quarter of Paris is known for its artistic atmosphere and the famous Moulin Rouge.
- Jardin du Luxembourg: This beautiful park is a popular destination for tourists and Parisians looking for rest and relaxation.
- Hôtel de Ville: This impressive city hall is one of the most famous buildings in Paris and stands at Place de l’Hôtel de Ville.
- Catacomben: The catacombs of Paris are an exciting destination for lovers of history and adventure. These underground cemeteries contain the remains of millions of people buried in the 18th and 19th centuries.